Hi Paul V

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about things in general, in most cases.
Mike Hage

Hi Paul V

Post by Mike Hage »

Paul
Thank you very kindly for letting me in on the forum. What a gift to converse with like minded people. And what a wealth of knowledge. I already knew Mike West, he tried to get me on before but I got no response. Peter V got me to try again and it worked. I love old windmills and chargers and I've been very active. I dont know what I'm doing wrong with my photos they seem to be all sideways. I havent had anything to drink....
PaulV
Site Admin

Re: Hi Paul V

Post by PaulV »

Hi Mike. I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying the forum. The folks here are really great and make this a good place to hang out.

The forum software displays all images imbedded in posts as landscape. Try to take your photos in the landscape orientation so that they appear correctly in your posts.
PaulV
Mike Hage

Post by Mike Hage »

The landscape orientation?
PaulV
Site Admin

Post by PaulV »

Good morning Mike. Example below landscape vs portrait.

Long story short...or long.......When you take a digital photo, data about the event is stored with the image data in the file. This includes shutter speed, aperture, time of day, GPS location, etc., and orientation (landscape or portrait). When you imbed an image in a post, your web browser does not read the orientation data, and just displays the image as default landscape. This is because the forum software tells the browser to ignore the orientation data.

If you click on and open the imbedded image, your browser will then read the orientation data and typically display the image correctly. This is a common gripe about the PHPBB forum software. The developers choose not to address this for some reason. Pics will always display correctly if you take your photos landscape.

phoneportraitvlandscape-1_sfondo_bianco-1024x663.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PaulV
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

makes sense ! thanks for the explanation & pictures
Mike Hage

Post by Mike Hage »

Ah I see thank you.