Cold morning

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about things in general, in most cases.
Gregg

Cold morning

Post by Gregg »

It is a cold morning here in north central Iowa. Minus 15 F, with a wind chill of minus 36 F. Double dog dare anyone to stick their tongue to the windmill tower! :o
Gregg
Wayne

Re: Cold morning

Post by Wayne »

Oh my! I'm setting here looking out the window at a light dusting of snow and its 20 feels like 7 and I think I'm cold and knowing I'm staying inside today.
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

That is frightening cold!
I see that dangerous weather is very widespread across the US.
How is everyone else doing with the cold?
windybob

Post by windybob »

We have it better than some. 6 degrees, blowing snow up to maybe 12 inches. Or so they say.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
Billt

Post by Billt »

21 below here in the U.P. of Michigan this morning and windy. Same on Monday morning and maybe 30 above next Sunday. Sure hope spring gets here before June.
Jim Corcoran

Post by Jim Corcoran »

8 degrees here this morning. No power since 1:30am. More snow than I have seen in 42 years we've lived here. Quite unusual for this part of Texas. Be glad when power comes back on, I need a cup of coffee.

Stay safe everybody.
" You need to get at least 30 miles out of Austin before you're firmly back in Texas."
hedgerow

Post by hedgerow »

Its fifteen below with 29 below windchill here this morning. I had been nursing my Garn wood boiler since before Christmas with a leak and last Thursday night it sprang the big leak and I had to shut it down. We switch over to propane and electric heat since then. Its been 2009 since I have used propane or electric for heat. Going to keep a close eye on the propane level. Take care everyone. Sounds like we have about a week of this cold before it breaks.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

That's bad Jim no power. I've got power setting here drinking my second cup of coffee. One good thing about living in an area without tall trees to get in the lines.
IvanBlock

Post by IvanBlock »

Here in north central Wisconsin we've had double digit below zero for the tenth night in a row last night, many of those close to -20 below and daytime highs seldom above zero. The high today is suppose to be -11 below zero. I hate to say it but I think I'm getting used to this...
Mister Ed

Post by Mister Ed »

IvanBlock wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:59 am Here in north central Wisconsin we've had double digit below zero for the tenth night in a row last night, many of those close to -20 below and daytime highs seldom above zero. The high today is suppose to be -11 below zero. I hate to say it but I think I'm getting used to this...
Ivan you live on the wrong side of Lake Michigan!! Its amazing how us folks in the southern peninsula of Michigan get our temps buffered a bit by the lake. We were 5 above (or so) this morning, high supposed to be +14. I think we only had a morning or two that we were just barely south of 0.

And lucky for us this year, system snow has been mostly south. The usual lake effect is barely noticeable. A couple weeks back they were saying out snowfall deficit was someplace north of 3'. Certainly an odd year.
Thanks,
Ed