Cold morning

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about things in general, in most cases.
windybob

Re: Cold morning

Post by windybob »

Yes Ed, they have indeed gone south. I have already put my order in to ship it all back up north. I've had enough. lol I will do my part to see that your deficit is replenished.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
Kansas Rust Buzzard

Post by Kansas Rust Buzzard »

-13 here last night, several areas lost power, lots of froze up pipes. Its not as cold as some places but there are not many places that gets to -25 in the winter and near 120 in the summer either! Not to mention one of the windiest places in the US. I always wonder how the American Indians survived all those winters on the treeless Plains?
windybob

Post by windybob »

It's brutal for much of the country. What really sucks is that the wind turbines that are supposed to add to the grid are frozen in places, now the rolling blackouts are on. Just when we need it most. :x Oh well, the landowners still get the 1,200 bucks a month for each one I guess. :? If they would only plant one in my back yard, I would move away from it, and retire. ;)
hedgerow

Post by hedgerow »

Pickup said minus 32 this A.M. A lot of records are being broken all over the country. Everyone take care and stay safe. Looks like it going to start breaking later in the week.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

We are supposed to have snow and ice come in here tonight after midnight on top of what we already have on the ground. I may stay off the roads until Friday at least. We've been blessed in our area haven't been without power at all. Temps are supposed to start moving up tomorrow after we get the dump.
windybob

Post by windybob »

A week from today, 60 degrees. Hurry up. :D
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Will I joined the water less herd last night. Had water at nine went to take a shower at ten and didn't. I figure the water co lost power to the pumps, something went wrong. I have enough bottled water for maybe 4 days, maybe tomorrow I can go into town, but I bet there won't be any bottled water in town. Going to start filling the tub with snow.
Jim Corcoran

Post by Jim Corcoran »

Wayne,
We're in the same boat here. Finally got power back on and then yesterday no water. I saw the initial drop in pressure and filled the bathtub to have water to flush toilets. Fortunately we have plenty of bottled water so I am able to have my coffee this morning.
Stay safe.
Jim
" You need to get at least 30 miles out of Austin before you're firmly back in Texas."
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

New Braunfels not any better, another snow event today, in south Texas this is a 50 year event.
froze the water inlet pipe yesterday but hair dryer thawed, not frozen hard.
Yah, we all will be complaining in July & August about the heat !
Mike B
spring hill bill

Post by spring hill bill »

After 60 years living on the gulf coast and doing hurricane preps ad infinitum, we always fill up the bathtubs prior to any kind of weather related event. Fortunately we have not lost power in this cold blast, but if we do we can at least flush the toilets. Our power was off for three weeks after hurricane Rita, so after that learning experience we try to always over - prepare.

My wife and I discussed yesterday what our grandparents would have done in this situation. Chances are they would have tossed some more wood into the fireplace and said "dang it's cold out there".