Dewalt Cordless

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about things in general, in most cases.
Kansas Rust Buzzard

Dewalt Cordless

Post by Kansas Rust Buzzard »

I suspect a lot of you are like me and have a dozen or so Dewalt 18V cordless tools. I particularly like my saws for working on wood towers on location and the hammer drills are pretty nice too. Anyway, since new Dewalt 18V batteries are getting hard to find and the Chinese knock offs on Ebay are extremely poor, has anyone else found a source of them? Have any of you actually tried the 20V convertor for the 18V battery? I am not ready to switch to a different tool, these are serving me well but the batteries are all about shot. Thanks for you guy's thoughts on this.
rockingjl

Re: Dewalt Cordless

Post by rockingjl »

KRB, several years ago I was having trouble. With Dewalt batteries also but I only had 2 cordless Dewalts. HD had a Milwaukee set, 1/2 hammer drill and impact set on sale. I switched and have been very happy. I did have one of my Dewalt batteries rebuilt at Batteries Plus before selling the set to a buddy and he has had good luck with the rebuilt Battery
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

I also had some Dewalt batts rebuilt at a Battery Plus. My drill quit before they did. They were the 18 volt.
hedgerow

Post by hedgerow »

Have several friends that are running the 20v Delwalt batteries on the 18v tools. If you watch you can buy the kits that have the batteries, adapter and charger on sale. I have one buddy that is running Milwaukee batteries on his 18v Delwalt tools. I have been lucky and my Dewalt 18v batteries are still holding up but when they die I will go to 20v Delwalt batteries.
Dempster

Post by Dempster »

I’ve also been converting my 18v desalt cordless tools to 20v as my 18v have gone bad. It’s pretty easy with the adapter. The one drawback is it’s almost impossible to remove an adapter once it’s installed so once you do so don’t expect to use the tool with an original 18v battery again. I’ve converted about half my dewalt 18v cordless tools to date.
Kansas Rust Buzzard

Post by Kansas Rust Buzzard »

Thanks everyone, I guess I will try the adapter on one and see how I like it.