Wind Farm

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about things in general, in most cases.
Wayne

Wind Farm

Post by Wayne »

West of me about 30 miles they are putting up wind turbines. Being the curious person I am I went for a look see yesterday. Here are a couple of pictures. Everything is at the site with a put together fan section, two more tower sections and the top box is there but hard to see. My question where is the crane to put it up. The cranes to set them in place are on tracks and have to be assembled on site. Where the crane go that got it that far. Then I got to thinking they could use mobile truck based cranes to get that far but would need the big guy to finish the job. I've got a picture in my camera of them putting together a big boy will try and get loaded today. :D
image000001(31).jpg
image000000(62).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
windybob

Re: Wind Farm

Post by windybob »

They are just about to put a field of those online here. Sad to see. Wayne, you can drive by one week, and nothing is there. drive by the next week, and they are all over. They are VERY good at getting those things up quickly.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

I don't mind the windfarms at least you can still use the land under them. 2 miles from me they are putting in about a 600 acre solar farm. Once they get those thing set in place the only thing you can raise is pigmy goats or rabbits.
IMG_4375.JPG
Putting together one of the big boy cranes.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Picture
IMG_4375.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
windybob

Post by windybob »

I have very little to say about them that's good. That's fine, they're going to do it anyway. Just get out of the way, and the planet will be saved.
The starting price around here is 10 grand a year for each one. Get one landowner involved, and everyone else is a fool for not bailing in. "They're going up anyway, might as well get paid". LOL Each cost 2-3 million, plus the infrastructure. Of course, the average customer doesn't pay for them right? LOL We here in Oklahoma have lots of ocean front property for sale.
They are a slot machine on a pole. The house always wins.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Windy you are like me a true pessimist. A guy who played football for the Cowboys back in the day said once he was a pessimist, and pessimist are realist. You are right about things happening anyway. I figure if it doesn't effect my everyday life why should I let it upset me
windybob

Post by windybob »

Yeah sorry. Guess I am sort of a wet blanket here. It does affect our lives. We pay for it like it or not. (gee I don't understand why my electric bill keeps going up...)

Guess it's too late to go have my uppers put back in. Lol This last trip is about to do me in. Makes me have a lousy outlook on lots of things. Hope I have enough pain pills to get me thru.