windmill calendar

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about things in general, in most cases.
windybob

Re: windmill calendar

Post by windybob »

Here's what I think.....If the picture is not copyrighted, should be no problem using it, plus, being listed on the internet (and not copyrighted) gives anyone the justification to copy and use it, for profit or not. If I write a song, and publish it without being protected, someone else can copyright it, and claim it. So it goes with print material.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

Windy, I am now working with a printing company and will let them decide . They have production staff who will put together a calendar for proofing with photos I provide and then print upon approval.
I will need your help picking the 15 photos for the front outer & back cover + the in-between months. I am looking forward to the process but afraid of the costs.
Mike B
windybob

Post by windybob »

The only way to cut cost is to buy like 10,000 of them. Otherwise online printing companies like Vistaprint always gave me a good deal.

Remember, the magic word for pictures is, "Public Domain"
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

I bought the picture will see if I can find it and see what is on it. I'm thinking it may have been a daughter-in-law of the Emick's that was selling them. To much water under the bridge.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

We have a printing center in town that once they get everything loaded you only order what you want and can come back as many times as you need and get more printed. We are working on a map that we don't want to order more than we can sell at a time. I could check with Chuck, he owns the center if you want.
Bryon

Post by Bryon »

mtblah wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:36 am as windy says, " interesting ", a person would have to find her and get a release to publish that ice encrusted windmill . would not want to violate publishing rules.
Mike B
I bet to get a relea$e would take $omething more than ju$t a reque$t. Ju$t $aying.
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

Wayne, Bryon, thank you.
My thought on 100 quantity is that we have almost 500 members. At least 1 out of 5 would like a cool windmill calendar. I have had several already step up & order.
I'll keep all posted as progress go forward, headed north chasing 70 degrees tomorrow, will be on the road 2 months but, will check this site frequently.
Mike B
New Braunfels TX
windybob

Post by windybob »

Hey Mike holler if you get close to me. Stop in, I will let you buy the steaks....lol Just kidding.

Oh, I want more than one calendar.
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

:D
Bryon

Post by Bryon »

Keep in mind if you are going to post photos of windmills on this site that are really good photos and may possibly be used in this calendar, you will want to load the photo with water marks so that they cannot be easily copied and used on another web site. Just saying.