Upcoming Trade Fair

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about things in general, in most cases.
Kansas Rust Buzzard

Upcoming Trade Fair

Post by Kansas Rust Buzzard »

I am not seeing any chatter on the upcoming trade fair. I really hope we have it, I keep hearing about the possibility of another round of lock downs so that would sure stink. Anyway, someone needs to start a list of what they are planning on taking and what they are looking for so people can organize their priorities and get the family "Minister of Finance" on board! :mrgreen:

As for me, I hope to find parts for 3 inch deep well cylinders, I got two brand new bare cylinders but need plungers for at least 3 leathers. Also looking for parts for 10 Ft Fairbanks Morse V Mill, Clipper and FM Worm gear sheet metal for patterns (Arms and Vane for Clipper), a 14ft Aermotor hub of any variety and cracked is OK, 10ft Original Star main frame casting, Challenge OK castings and parts, and any early Elgin Parts. Of course I know I will probably not find any of that but something I need just as bad but the 3 inch well cylinder parts really are needed for the farm.
Old windy one

Re: Upcoming Trade Fair

Post by Old windy one »

Wish I lived closer I would drop everything I am doing to go there. Hope people post plenty of pictures after.
PaulV
Site Admin

Post by PaulV »

The trade fair starts in 3 weeks!
PaulV
windybob

Post by windybob »

Oh my. Maybe it will cool down by then!
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
Mister Ed

Post by Mister Ed »

Man I wish I could make it down!! I really need a little getaway time. Unfortunately this is probably the worst time of year for me ... right in the middle of our budget planning for next year.
Thanks,
Ed
windybob

Post by windybob »

Dang! And I was looking forward to meeting the guy that razzes me more than anyone ! lol
Mister Ed

Post by Mister Ed »

windybob wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:40 pm Dang! And I was looking forward to meeting the guy that razzes me more than anyone ! lol
All in light hearted fun. :lol: I really wanted to go, but knew once it was moved to fall it was a no-go. Its a shame, we have never been at the same trade fair to actually meet in person.
Thanks,
Ed
67RS/SSx2

Post by 67RS/SSx2 »

I am thinking of taking the wife to the trade fair on Friday. Is there a schedule of events for Friday? Does the trade fair end at a particular time on Friday?

Thanks,

Dee
Smax

Post by Smax »

FB_IMG_1632368363701.jpg
FB_IMG_1632368382200.jpg
FB_IMG_1632368344842.jpg
photos from the Shattuck windmill museum while at the windmill trade fair today
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
windybob

Post by windybob »

Dee, things usually start winding down on the last day. However walking around, and viewing things, visiting with others, and buying items is still going on. In fact, a person can wind up with some pretty good deals.

I was planning on going thursday, but sudden doctor appointments kind of wrecked that for me.