Little Giant

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about things in general, in most cases.
Kansas Rust Buzzard

Little Giant

Post by Kansas Rust Buzzard »

I started to post this under trade fair but then thought better of it. Anyway, does anyone know that fellow who rebuilds the Little Giant Trip Hammers and other Blacksmithing supplies there at Nebr City? I wouldn't mind slipping over to see him if he has a storefront? Maybe he is retired by now, I talked to him on the phone years ago while chasing parts but that is all. Might be interested in some things if he still stocks them. I thought maybe some of you others might do blacksmithing as well and would be interested? I will see what I can find out, I don't even remember his name.
Terry

Re: Little Giant

Post by Terry »

KRB
Yes they are still in business. Here is there web site
http://www.littlegianthammer.com/
There is a lot of info on there web site.
Sid has sold the business to Roger Rice but it is still running.
I ordered some wood clutch blocks for mine several months ago. I sent them a picture of the serial number on my hammer and a day or so latter they sent back a post card of the date it was shipped, to who it went to and what town. Very interesting.
image1.jpeg
I bought this hammer about 25 years ago. It has been inside for as long as I have had it. When I got it was outside for how long I don't know. It looks as though it was not used much in it's life.
This weekend March 15 and 16th I am going to there rebuild class. I am looking forward to this class. It is about rebuilding and operating a Little Giant power hammer.
There shop is about 3 or 4 miles south of Nebraska city.
Terry
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kansas Rust Buzzard

Thanks! So you got a little 25lb also? Those are really neat, of all the ones I have seen in my life, 90% have been 50 lb hammers. So if yours was inside its whole life, what color was it? I see them green, blue and black but never knew what was original? I know where the number should be on my 25lb but I sure can't see it, I was told it had been in the same shop since before WW1. I hope I can go check them out.
Terry

Post by Terry »

Mine is Green.
I have never had mine running.
Mine was not inside when I got it. But it still looks very good.
I have not seen very many 50 lb. I know where there is one but it is not for sale.
You will have to find the s/n and send it in to see some history on it.
Kansas Rust Buzzard

I know where there is a 75lb I really want, its missing some parts and is 2/3 of the way buried upright. I can't get a hoe in where it is at so if I can get it bought some day it will take a tripod and a lot of digging by hand. If you want a 50lb I see them pretty often, not cheap anymore but a lot easier to find than a 25lb. The first trip hammer I bought I gave just what it weighed out, not any of those deals left now.
Terry

Post by Terry »

If you find a 50 lb one let me know I may be interested in it.
Terry