Syracuse

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about things in general, in most cases.
Dave Straub

Syracuse

Post by Dave Straub »

I thought the Kimmel Building at Syracuse plus the nearby County Fair grounds across the street for Camping Trailers served a great place for the Trade Fair. Many windmillers I talked to, agreed. Maybe it could happen again in the future. Too bad the flood made getting here more difficult.

Dave..
windmillerman

Re: Syracuse

Post by windmillerman »

I heard the Kimmel Bldg was a nice spot.... Anyone have any Pictures of the event to share?
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

One bit of info for all you that didn't attend. There is to be a Windmiller's Trade Fair book. If you want your picture in it send picture and info to Linda Jacox gpprinter@yahoo.com or 1875 140th , Garland Ne 68360.
hedgerow

Post by hedgerow »

The Kimmel building is very nice and it was great to have a lot of room inside. Having things inside seem to make the weather behave. I should have snap some pictures I didn't even think about it.
Jim Corcoran

Post by Jim Corcoran »

Not only was the Kimmel Ag Center a very good venue, the weather was really nice (especially compared to central Texas), Our accommodations (Lied Lodge) were really nice. And there was plenty of things to see and do in the area - Arbor Lodge, Kimmel Orchard, Kregel Windmill Factory, Strategic Air Command Museum, etc. If the good folks in Syracuse and Nebraska City decide to host another tradefair in the near future, we will definitely plan to be there.
Jim
" You need to get at least 30 miles out of Austin before you're firmly back in Texas."
Kansas Rust Buzzard

Post by Kansas Rust Buzzard »

If they do it again, book your reservations early or you will end up where I did! You really, REALLY don't want to do that, trust me!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Hope you got the daily rate and not the hourly rate. LOL My wife and I seen it, and was glad we got reservations in Nebraska City at the Best Western.

Gregg
Kansas Rust Buzzard

Post by Kansas Rust Buzzard »

I got the $55 Honeymoon Suite because I was the only one there, oddly? Luckily, I had a Harbor Freight Tarp to put on the bed. Next time I am taking a Stainless Steel gun so I can take it into the shower with me. ;-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

The breakfast at our motel wasn't much so the first morning we went Macd's but the nex two mornings we went to a nice donut shop on main st Syracuse. Had a good time visiting with the locals. The bar next door even has morning coffee!