Corn Question.

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about things in general, in most cases.
Wayne

Corn Question.

Post by Wayne »

IMG_20190823_114401718_HDR.jpg
7374224459030988887(1).jpg
At the show in Portland had some steam traction engines. This is a 40 HP Case pulling a 5 bottom plow. You can dance to the sound when a steam engine is under load. They also had a Port Huron running the saw mill. The other picture is of a corn field close to the last covered bridge we stopped at. I'm amazed of the size of stalk but only 2 ears of corn. Makes me wonder with all the genetics they do why they have never come up with a stalk with more than two ears. Every once in awhile you see 3.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
billcobb

Re: Corn Question.

Post by billcobb »

Two ears is all you need for stereophonic reception. I believe the rest of the plant has as much value for chopping into silage for [milk] cows to munch on. More ears if wider spacing, but tonnage per acre for silage use weighs in more than ears.
Mister Ed

Post by Mister Ed »

Great pics Wayne, I thought the one with the corn was an old one for a minute.
Thanks,
Ed
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Yeah my daughter knows how to make her phone take black and white. I haven't mastered the trick.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Makes sense. They have cut there corn around here and several balled the stalks.