What Happens when they die

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about things in general, in most cases.
Wayne

What Happens when they die

Post by Wayne »

I'm wondering if any one else has ever had the problem of the person your doing business with dying after they cash your check and haven't sent you what you paid for. Sent a man $200.00 to recover a tractor seat for me in August check cleared the bank Sep 9. I finally found out first of Nov he had died Sep 21. SEnt an e-mail to daughter who said she was handling his business but have heard nothing back. I'm not sure how to go forward! Don't want to seem uncareing. :?
Dempster

Re: What Happens when they die

Post by Dempster »

Sounds like you need to place claim with estate. If daughter was handling his business after his death then she should either refund your money if she can’t recover your tractor seat, or make good and do the recovering of the seat and give it back to you.

Of course, my second sentence is an ideal response and she could still simply ignore your calls. In that case I think your only recourse is to place unsecured claim against estate. If it’s solvent, then you might collect. Good luck.

Lance
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

When I sent first e-mail I didn't send a copy of the cancelled check so today I did. We'll see what happens.
windybob

Post by windybob »

Good luck. Hope you get positive results.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
hedgerow

Post by hedgerow »

I hope you have better luck than I have. This has happen twice in my life time once was when I was a young man {KID} at the tune of $10,000 for a months worth of business. Guy died suddenly bank stepped in sold him out took what they could and the rest of his creditor's got nothing. Another time about 10 years ago a man had a motor of mine out of a 1928 Dodge Brothers car{ hard to find motor} that I had already spent a bunch of money on it getting a crack welded. He was doing the machine work he died sudden and I didn't hear about it for a while. He was five hundred miles away. Its a very long story and I never got the motor back.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Wow $10k you must still wake up at times and shake your head, but loosing the engine would be a bigger blow you can replace $10k but not a rare engine. I'm waiting on a man to repair a Ford 640 head he's had it awhile I've checked once buy not ready. He's only about 20 miles away I may need to make another trip.
hedgerow

Post by hedgerow »

It was in the 80's when I lost that money. Interest was high and I was operating on a lot of borrowed money it almost put me out of business. Glad I had a good banker and could work around the clock back then. The motor hurt more as it was a family car. It took years to find another motor was long before the internet. Ended up losing the car over a {Wifes} family blow up after a death in the family. Its another long story. Its long over and we have moved on.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

That's all you can do. I will to if I get no reply will just have a different view of the family.