Wooden ater pipe?

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about things in general, in most cases.
Wayne

Wooden ater pipe?

Post by Wayne »

redwood_pipes.jpg[attachment=0]IMG_4077.JPG
[attachment=0]IMG_4078.JPG[/attachment While wondering around my area were I knew old houses had stood I found this object. I'm wondering if it is the remains of a wooden water pipe. I posted a picture of complete pipes to compare. One end seems to be kinda tapered like in the good photo and the hole through it doesn't seem to me to be something from normal rotting. I'm posting another picture in another post. So whats the opinion? :?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wayne

Water Pipe

Post by Wayne »

One more Picture
IMG_4080.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kevin

Re: Wooden ater pipe?

Post by Kevin »

I have found “stave” wooden water pipe. Some of it clear redwood.
Stave pipe is very similar to barrels in construction but may have a round metal rod.
wood_pipe.jpg
Google wood stave pipe to see some neat old photos.
Mister Ed

Post by Mister Ed »

Those are both pretty cool.

Wayne, it looks like you have your "new" abode all fixed up. And I sure hope that lizard isn't real!!
Thanks,
Ed
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

He's my guard Lizard. I've got a guard spider too. He catches scorpin's. Yes I'm happy in my place. I just hate to see most of my windmills laying on the ground and not standing up. Nobody answered my question. Do you think my find is the remains of a wooden water pipe?
Mister Ed

Post by Mister Ed »

Wayne wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:59 pm Nobody answered my question. Do you think my find is the remains of a wooden water pipe?
Maybe, but I have no clue.
Thanks,
Ed