Aermotor antenna

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about things in general, in most cases.
CTXmiller

Aermotor antenna

Post by CTXmiller »

I noticed this detailed diagram of an Aermotor antenna tower and thought it neat. The diagram shows a gin pole at the top. A 70 footer is for sale on eBay in Georgia, which is the source of the diagram. Looks like a date of 1954 on the bottom.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wayne

Re: Aermotor antenna

Post by Wayne »

In the book there Still turning it seems Aermotor made towers for all kinds of applications. Even made Fire Towers for the Forest Service.
Bryon

Post by Bryon »

I have seen an Aermotor radio tower in a train yard near Selma, Alabama still in use. There is a Fire Tower here in the town I live in in Georgia that is also an Aermotor and it is still in use. Only to hold antennas but it is still there.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

If you can build a tower to keep a 20ft windmill in the air turning in the wind. Keeping a 200lb man in the air inside a fire tower ought to be a simple task.
hedgerow

Post by hedgerow »

I have seen a lot of yard lights and TV antenna's on old windmill towers in my area but never a purpose built Aermotor tower for antenna's or fire watch. Thanks for posting the diagram.