Where the heck is WINDY-BOB

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about things in general, in most cases.
windybob

Re: Where the heck is WINDY-BOB

Post by windybob »

Thanks guys. Much appreciated. The last time I tried to quit, I got physically sick, so I knew I was in for a fight. While I was horribly sick with the virus, I thought it might be a good time, heck, I was sick anyway. I tried a drag, it was like trying to inhale burned rubber. It was awful. I have had the "patch" program for months. Reading, learning, understanding, and getting myself ready. Well, it was time. Stuck a patch on my shoulder, and went about my business being sick. A week later, was in the E R for 5 hours hoping for a morphine drip. (lol) didn't get that, but the next best thing. Seems the virus had temporarily wrecked my lungs to 50% of what the were. Never thought they were too bad to begin with, but 50% off the top really hurts. At that point the doc said you might consider stopping the smoking. I told I had a week on him already. He was happy, I was happy, and high fives were passed all around.
So I must say, from quitting from Christmas day, and using the patch, I have not really had much urge to smoke. Stepping down a notch to a weaker patch will be a welcome thing. I already wear one for 2 or 3 days, and they are only good for one day, so I think I'm ahead of the game.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Hurray for you Windy. Wish you well on your journey!
windmillerman

Post by windmillerman »

My Dad chewed the heck out of toothpicks for awhile but never went back....bet his best friend $100 she couldn't quit, paid up with $100 bill laminated in plastic........ I'll bet you $10, pay you at trade fair......
windybob

Post by windybob »

No need to place bets. lol Doing this for my own good. Didn't even tell my kids for a while.
PaulV
Site Admin

Post by PaulV »

Stick with it windybob! Hard for sure but you'll be so happy you did. 7 years for me, cold turkey. Been there, done that, moved on. Life is good.
PaulV
Terry

Post by Terry »

Keep it up windy.
Terry
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

We are pulling for ya Windy! Been almost 12 years for me. Our governor at the time raised taxes $1.00 per pack, decided I wasn't giving him any more dollars then I had too.
Gregg
Smax

Post by Smax »

You can do it! Smoked for approx 40 years had a heart attack and bypass while in hospital wife told me if i smoked again she would kill me .More afraid of her than heart attack..lol quit cold turkey 11 years ago steve
windybob

Post by windybob »

You guys are great! Thanks for all the wonderful insights to your personal victories. No kidding.
steve p

Post by steve p »

Sounds like you're doing great with not smoking. Good for you. Quit three years ago after going into the hospital for emergency surgery. I did have morphine. Smoked for 35 years. Was in the hospital for a week. The day I got out I rolled up a smoke. Took one puff . Was the worst tasting thing. Nothing tasted good for a month. Never touched another one since that day. Wasn't even a struggle for me. All the best to you.