Message from Roger Feilmeier

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about things in general, in most cases.
Wayne

Message from Roger Feilmeier

Post by Wayne »

Got a message this morning said from Roger with a link to click on. I figure it is a scam and if you click on that link you will have bought the farm. I don't open any unsolicited messages. It went in the bit bucket.
windybob

Re: Message from Roger Feilmeier

Post by windybob »

I've gotten them before also. When in doubt, throw it out.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
Mister Ed

Post by Mister Ed »

Oh man, what a disgrace. Bad enough all the scam cram going around ... but for it to come from the account of a departed friend to all, really takes the cake.
Thanks,
Ed
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Ironically, it will be 4 years on Saturday (the 19th) since Roger passed away. Sad to hear of scams like that, using a good mans name.
Gregg
CTXmiller

Post by CTXmiller »

Speaking of Roger, the last two of his windmills transplanted from Iowa to Texas in 2018 were erected about a month ago. It is doubtful these mills will ever see a -(negative) Fahrenheit ever again.

I meant to post photos last month. Roger took great care and pride with his mills.

I’d like thank Gregg and Ron again. I did email Barb photos of all three erected windmills transplanted from Iowa to Texas, but I never received a response to know she received the photos.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Beautiful setting. Is that Lake Waco?
CTXmiller

Post by CTXmiller »

The Fairbury is at my in-laws and that’s Lake Whitney. The #15 and WB (not pictured) are at my place outside of Waco.
Mister Ed

Post by Mister Ed »

Funny, I been thinking of this thread the last couple days.

CTXmiller - Which of those windmills do you suppose was the one Roger was cleaning up in the kitchen sink, when his wife was out of town (pre-remodel)?

Wayne - Did this message come as an email? Or a forum message? If a forum message, it would have had to been from the old forum.
Thanks,
Ed
CTXmiller

Post by CTXmiller »

Mister Ed - not sure, but I remember that photo. I was lucky enough to receive multiple photo albums and a few CDs containing photos on rebuilds, take downs and installs. Odds are, it wasn’t the WB as it was a NOS that Roger found around 2009 and the 10’ Dempster #15 is too big and heavy. Possibly the Fairbury or another.
windybob

Post by windybob »

Mine came as an email.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.