My new "tower-brace-rod-straightener"

......when you need to get in the weeds.
windybob

Re: My new "tower-brace-rod-straightener"

Post by windybob »

Gee Mike, sorry about your foot! Glad things are better now. The press looks super!
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
billcobb

Post by billcobb »

Now get to work on an angle iron straightener ! My thoughts lie along the same concept, sort of like a narrow, multiple station slip roll.
Mike Hage

Post by Mike Hage »

The new angle iron is garbage i replaced a missing girt on my wincharger tower and it just bowed like spaghetti when I stood on it! Made from melted down cars and toasters
Ron Stauffer

Post by Ron Stauffer »

Sorry for the delay, paying customers got in the way.

So here is the 2 24 method that works well on 2 1/4 angle. I intentionally turned the crescents over so that the naming of the process wasn't too obvious

2 24 method 1.jpg

2 24 method 2.jpg

There are a few tricks to using them but they work well on short kinks like this.

I located the blocks I use for the portable press under a flatbed that is going on to another truck for a hoist. Pics of those soon

Ron
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ron Stauffer

Post by Ron Stauffer »

This is what I use to straighten tower legs. We can use it in the field as well as outside the shop. Maneuverability of the tower legs to straighten is much easier than inside a shop with a press.

Blocks for holding the angle

straighten 1.jpg

Hydraulic outrigger is the press. You can vary the spacing of the blocks. Bad bends, lay heavy angle or pipe in the tower leg V so the the outrigger doesnt put all the pressure in one spot

straighten 2.jpg

Ron Stauffer
Monrtrose CO
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JBarker

Post by JBarker »

Ron,

Thanks for those pic, I used your process a few years ago from the past forum with a little modification with the tools I had on hand and it works great. Thanks for your wisdom.

Jerry
Jerry Barker
Wills Point, Texas
214-893-2864
www.Farmhousewindmills.com
farmhousewindmills@hotmail.com