Anyone hauled a tower on a pontoon boat trailer?

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about windmills, in most cases.
hwy8

Re: Anyone hauled a tower on a pontoon boat trailer?

Post by hwy8 »

Another picture of what I'm hauling home....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hwy8

Post by hwy8 »

A DEVINE INTERVENTION! A friend with a truck/trailer offered to haul it for the gas money! WAHOO! A beautiful day and it all went smoothly! On the way home we went through a little four-building town and there stood this tower and mill to inspire me....My new tower has been plopped in the driveway for a few days while I sit and admire it. I'm going to drink coffee, remove and straighten one brace, drink coffee and eat a sweet-roll, put the brace back on, and do it again a few times more over the next week....Thanks for all of you sharing your experiences!!! I'll be more confident and better prepared next time.....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PaulV
Site Admin

Post by PaulV »

Very good! Things always work out! Congratulations again 😀
PaulV
hedgerow

Post by hedgerow »

Glad you found someone with a trailer and it all went well. I have been that someone many times over the years for folks.
Smax

Post by Smax »

Nice tower glad you got it home
LoTec

Post by LoTec »

If you are going to take the tower apart to straighten it, why fart around with hauling it in one piece? Take a bunch of photos. Take a Sharpie and discretely label the parts. Take it apart and haul it on your truck.
hwy8

Post by hwy8 »

The reason that I did it one bent piece at a time was that no matter how good my notes and photos were, I'd have a hard time figuring out how to put it back together. I had never seen a trussed tripod tower and it's more complicated than I would have guessed. Then, there's my habit of taking something apart, misplacing my notes and photos, letting the parts scatter, use the bolts for something else, have the rain wash off my Sharpie labels, and then have my too-many-mile-truck run over some parts that are hidden by all of the weeds grown up around them.

Besides, "farting around" is my usual approach to my idea of fun.....AND, if I would have been so efficient, I may have missed out on all of those cups of coffee with sweet rolls!
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

Thank you for the conversations and photos of three legged towers !
I always thought my tower was a Sanson / Stover / Ideal but now maybe a Aermotor with a ladder rather than the rod steps.
still wondering ?
Mike B New Braunfels