aermotor suburban

......when you need to get in the weeds.
mikecberry

aermotor suburban

Post by mikecberry »

I need help with a suburban tapered water tank in aermotor 40 tower. I need the dimensions of the floor and top of tank and how many small I beams and the way they fit across outside band of tower. also how many rings/bands go around outside of tank. I had enough upright stays for a pattern all the outside rings I think may be missing some I beams for floor support. I am using cypress lumber and I want the tank for cosmetics only but i want it to look like the original. thank you
windybob

Re: aermotor suburban

Post by windybob »

I'm sure there is someone here to help, but I can't offer much.

You have the original tower with a tank in it? Or are you putting a tank in a regular tower?

Mite post a picture, maybe it will help.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
mikecberry

Post by mikecberry »

it is a original suburban tower sold here in alabama .the tank floor was rotten some staves were in good shape but I think all outside tank rings are here maybe missing some of galvanized I beams that go under floor. if I can get dimensions of floor & top of tank would be a great help got the staves made for the side.
PaulV
Site Admin

Post by PaulV »

Welcome to the forum mikecberry! If you have some pics, please share. Helps us see what you have, and maybe help get you where you want to go.
PaulV
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Mike,
Here are a couple pages out of the 1935 Aermotor catalog showing the Suburban tower & tank information. Maybe you can calculate your load limits from this for your tower. Paul, feel free to put them in the library if you want too.

Gregg
Suburban Tower 1.jpeg
Suburban Tower 2.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Here is another page from a 1963 Aermotor Catalog, shows height to bottom of the tanks. Gregg
Suburban Tower 3.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pcowley (RIP)

Post by pcowley (RIP) »

I had a tank tower with the tank in it. Sorry but sold it at the trade fair and I have no clue who I sold it to. I do remember that Jim Collums bought all of my towers in one lump sum. It may have been in that bunch of towers. I don't think he is a member of this discussion forum. He is out of Poteet Texas. I tried for ten years to sell it with no success. You should have bought mine.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Paul Cowley phone 806dash562dash4418