Stub towers for Dempster...

......when you need to get in the weeds.
JeffreyMead1701

Stub towers for Dempster...

Post by JeffreyMead1701 »

I know Aermotor makes and markets stubs so someone can put an Aermotor mill on any other make of tower, but did Dempster? In the 2 Dempster catalogs I've come across online, they only list full towers. Does anyone have any information on this?
windybob

Re: Stub towers for Dempster...

Post by windybob »

Dempster is out of business. I will check my catalogs today for stubs. They are not as complicated as Aermotor, and relatively easy to make though.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Windy is as always correct all you need is the top casting and storm stay and some angle iron! You can make it to your specs and design.
Ron Stauffer

Post by Ron Stauffer »

Wayne you just shot WB in the foot!

Dempster did market an adapter for an Aermotor tower to put a Dempster on it. Dempster engineers designed it to bolt in rather than a chopping process to install. I have only ever seen a couple of these in the field and would guess they would have been used to replace the Conway green weenies. Not sure if Dempster ever marketed what we you would call stubs tho.

Ron Stauffer
Montrose CO
JBarker

Post by JBarker »

Is this what u want?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jerry Barker
Wills Point, Texas
214-893-2864
www.Farmhousewindmills.com
farmhousewindmills@hotmail.com
Dave Straub

Post by Dave Straub »

Making a Dempster stub is a piece of cake. Like Wayne said 4 pcs. of angle iron the top casting and storm stay. If the storm stay doesn't line up you may have to add spacers between it and the tower.
windybob

Post by windybob »

Dempster did market stubs. 3 sizes, for 6, 8 , and 10 ft mills. I have one of those adapters. However, I would rather clip the Aer stub off the tower and remake the tower, or replace it with a different stub. That way I can use the Aer stub elsewhere. Those are tough to make, much easier to have one on hand.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
JeffreyMead1701

Post by JeffreyMead1701 »

Thanks for the tips, guys! I'm not quite ready to do anything, yet...just kind of "thinking ahead". I've seen a few Dempsters on wood towers, with steel stubs, and wondered if the stubs were bought or made from scratch/scrap.
CTXmiller

Post by CTXmiller »

While someone already posted the adapter found on eBay, this was found in Dempster literature.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.