Do I really need all these parts?

......when you need to get in the weeds.
MarkS

Do I really need all these parts?

Post by MarkS »

I am relatively new to you group, but have found it very informal. Some time ago I purchased a Aermotor 702, just want to put it up at our acreage and watch it spin in the wind. I don’t have any well so I don’t need it to pump water, so I have been looking through the different sections here to see what other people in a similar situation are doing.
I haven’t come across a post where someone is thinking the same as myself, but after looking over my gearbox, I have been thinking I really don’t need all these parts installed in the gearbox if the windmill is not going to be pumping anything.
I am sure there are some experts here that may have some advice or a comment or two to pass along to me about this. Thanks for all your help!!
Smax

Re: Do I really need all these parts?

Post by Smax »

Most of those parts work together to insure everything gets the proper lubrication. Everything is not needed for a spinner but I would recommend leaving everything in place just my opinion
windybob

Post by windybob »

I agree. However there are a few things you don't have to have, Don't need the pitmans,, or the shaft for the roller wheel and the yoke. The Large gears need to stay to oil the mainshaft bearings. Once you install the mill on the tower, plug the hole in the mastpipe nut so it won't leak oil down it.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
MarkS

Post by MarkS »

Thanks for the advice guys, appreciate it!!