Aermotor B-690 Brake Band Repair and Questions

......when you need to get in the weeds.
hwy8

Aermotor B-690 Brake Band Repair and Questions

Post by hwy8 »

My machine came without a brake band and I found a used replacement. My photos show that the hole the rod comes through is worn oblong and I'm thinking I'll weld it up and re-drilll it. I've looked at photos of new replacements and the fit looks a lot tighter than it is now! One thing I noticed is that the new replacements, including Aermotor, have a large nut on the rod or the spring: What is that for? I also noticed on the Aermotor replacement, they use a slot instead of two drilled holes. Is there a reason for that?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bryon

Re: Aermotor B-690 Brake Band Repair and Questions

Post by Bryon »

That brake band looks to be in pretty good shape. I would bolt it on and use it. Just make sure it doesn't drag when it is not in the "off" position.
windybob

Post by windybob »

The slot is for easier install. You can slide it up and down for adjusting. The nut is not for adjusting as far as I know. Just an assembly thing at the factory.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
Windmillsrus

Post by Windmillsrus »

The nut was for tightening up the spring and was unnecessary it didn’t really do much. It was suppose to help give a little more pressure. The New Aermotor band has the slot in it because there parts wouldn’t fit if they just put the 2 holes in like normal.