Different Windmill Raising/ Tear Down Techniques

......when you need to get in the weeds.
73stang

Re: Different Windmill Raising/ Tear Down Techniques

Post by 73stang »

I have a skyhook too, 65 foot. The ladder has helped a lot not only taking down and putting up mills but, helping me trim down trees.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

My whole attitude about Windy changed when Windy told the story of putting in the wiring harness. I don't care what anybody says I know the man is a genius!
Mister Ed

Post by Mister Ed »

Wayne wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:02 am My whole attitude about Windy changed when Windy told the story of putting in the wiring harness. I don't care what anybody says I know the man is a genius!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Thanks,
Ed
tom b

Post by tom b »

Great ideas guys. When I was in Las Cruces in '05 at the Aermotor sponsored training session, they used the hinge method using a thick wall pipe for pivot and crane truck. Worked very well. I personally have an older bucket truck with 34' reach which has served me well over the years. Paul, did you make the hinges or purchase ready made? They look kind of like heavy gate hinges.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
windybob

Post by windybob »

Hinges are a good idea. We have never used them, and have erected a 50 ft tower with an 8 ft Dempster head and wheel. My Boom only goes up 50 ft max, so I've heard. Total weight was too heavy to lift all at once, so we used the "split- tower" method. However, I did manage to bow the rod in the boom cylinder. Had the 1 1/4 shaft replaced with a 2 inch. I even had the truck backed up touching the tower bottom.

Usually we erect the entire outfit, but do have exceptions.

Thanks for the compliment Wayne. However, If i were a "genius" I would have already made enough money to retire on.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
PaulV
Site Admin

Post by PaulV »

tom b wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:40 am Paul, did you make the hinges or purchase ready made? They look kind of like heavy gate hinges.
I made the hinges. They are a copy of the hinges that a member on the old forum came up with. I don't remember who it was though.
PaulV
Smax

Post by Smax »

:o :lol: :lol: :lol:
windybob wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:43 pm Hinges are a good idea. We have never used them, and have erected a 50 ft tower with an 8 ft Dempster head and wheel. My Boom only goes up 50 ft max, so I've heard. Total weight was too heavy to lift all at once, so we used the "split- tower" method. However, I did manage to bow the rod in the boom cylinder. Had the 1 1/4 shaft replaced with a 2 inch. I even had the truck backed up touching the tower bottom.

Usually we erect the entire outfit, but do have exceptions.

Thanks for the compliment Wayne. However, If i were a "genius" I would have already made enough money to retire on.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

It was Ivan. I made a copy and have it safely put away somewhere as soon as I can find it I'll post them.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Windy you may be like me. I tell people I have more money than I need, but not more than I want. I must have more than I need because I have a hard time passing up unneeded rusty objects.
windybob

Post by windybob »

All I ever wanted was 1 dollar more than I need to spend.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.