W1500 Comes Out of It's Crate!

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about vintage wind generators, in most cases.
perryjohn57

W1500 Comes Out of It's Crate!

Post by perryjohn57 »

After 35 plus years, this Wincharger W1500 is now out of it's crate!!
There are five slip rings in the rear of the generator and in the lolly shaft assembly.....a positive, a negative, and three marked thus: "G1", a "G2", and a "G3". Three Ground Wires???
I am still hopeful that some literature/information shows up for this machine......
As to my schedule: I have ordered the needed parts that are missing on my Rohn SSV, and they are 8 to 10 weeks out.....so that sets the erection schedule.....Rebar has been purchased and I have talked to the local excavator about digging the foundation for the tower.......all in all.....it will be a late 2021 or early 2022 erection.
Stay tuned........john
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wind Charger Mike

Re: W1500 Comes Out of It's Crate!

Post by Wind Charger Mike »

Very nice! Thanks for sharing the pics
perryjohn57

Re: W1500 Comes Out of It's Crate!

Post by perryjohn57 »

Well.....some questions answered......more questions raised!!!

The good folks at Winco are digging around.....looking for relevant information that may be buried in their files!!!

A bit of information has appeared in the form of a schematic for a machine similar to the W1500.....and it turns out that the generator is a 3 phase AC generator that is rectified into DC power....so I am into a whole new realm of wind power.......in the past is was positive, negative, and field control......
G1, G2, and G3 are the three legs of AC power, and I suspect the (+) and (-) are for control voltage......

Any thoughts? See attached schematic furnished via the good folks at Winco........john
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.