Early Paris Dunns?

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about vintage wind generators, in most cases.
Mike Hage

Re: Early Paris Dunns?

Post by Mike Hage »

I think so. Those two came from hundreds of miles apart and the tails are the same shape. Well if wind charger Mike doesn't know I don't know who else to ask. Be interesting to see what the Stewart warner one looked like before the guy botched it. I'm gonna do up the angled tail one. I don't have a cup for behind the prop. Do you have some pics of those ones? Like the 106 mmfly4fun one. That's a different tail color mine is all red. I think they are pretty cool looking with that droopy tail
Wind Charger Mike

Post by Wind Charger Mike »

Given the distance apart you found them, they must have been mfg that way for Canadian market. I’d be nice to find sales literature for them to confirm it.
I don’t have a pic of just the cup handy so I attached a couple of a later model PD you can zoom in on. Maybe you can find a dog dish about that size.
713D0602-F80D-4DBF-ADF7-F8313304D3D3.jpeg
DF38492D-267C-4937-90E4-9746B1E437E7.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike Hage

Post by Mike Hage »

20210213_181035.jpg
Mike these 2 early castings have the same size pipe as the top of the tower and no way for the little connector pin to stick thru. I think the PDs with this casting had a different tail anyways. I'd really like to do this one but my casting is too badly broken.
20210207_151728.jpg
20210213_181022.jpg
I also notice that one of mmfly4funs has only 1 angle and the mounting holes make the fin sit flush with the top. Do you have any pictures of these droopy tail ones?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wind Charger Mike

I’ll see what other pics I can come up with. You seem to have a lot of historic wind machines in your area, unmolested and untouched by other collectors. You keep beating the bushes or snow drifts and no telling what you’re going to find. Great thing about the early wind electrics is there’s still a lot of machines to discover, especially in your area. There’s a museum a little north of you in Nipawin that is setting up a Wincharger display.
joe herman

Post by joe herman »

Kind of looks like your right on finding wind machines in Saskatchewan.
I have only seen one around here in the eighteen years living here.
I have travelled thousands of miles on Alberta highways and back roads.
I am sure there must have been hundreds installed in their day.
Don`t remember seeing one on display at the Etzikom museum.
Wind Charger Mike

Maybe most have already been hunted down in Alberta. I have seen a few large private wind electric collections in Calgary area.
The museum in Nipawin is called the Living Forest Museum. A 32v Wincharger was donated last year so I don’t think the display is set up yet.
Jason71

Post by Jason71 »

Wind Charger Mike wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:05 pm Nice collection! I haven't seen that PD tail and angle iron variant before, 2nd pic. The frame looks like early PD but tails look like model 36 Wincharger. Parmak also had a tail that shape. Maybe someone's creation? If so they went to a lot of trouble to bend the angle iron. Sometimes wind chargers sold by retailers had unique features. Are the Whirl Power tail graphics original?