Wincharger help

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about vintage wind generators, in most cases.
Jeff

Wincharger help

Post by Jeff »

I'm hoping that one of you experts can help me out with questions about a "Wincharger". Years ago it was found in an out of the way storage space. It was assembled and has remained in a heated warehouse ever sense. Best as I remember it was new in its original packaging when found. On the nameplate is Model W02HS4D-212, manufactured by Dyna Technology, 12 volts, 200 Watts. What I'd like to know is how old it is and what it would be worth. If I were to donate it to a non-profit are there any suggestions for a museum or some organization that might be interested? I'll try to figure out how to post a photo. Thanks in advance for any ideas you might have!
Wind Charger Mike

Re: Wincharger help

Post by Wind Charger Mike »

This model was mfg 70s to early 80s. Not necessarily rare or old relative to other wind chargers but still very desirable especially since it’s NOS. I’ve seen NOS, still in the box examples sell for as much as $1200. Im not aware of any museum looking for one but there’s probably one out there that would be glad to have it. Do you have the controller?
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Thanks for the information Mike. No, I don't have the controller. As far as the nonprofit like a museum I'll check around here maybe a tech or vocational school would want it. Or lacking that maybe I'll put it in my back yard until the city or homeowners association make me take it down.
Wind Charger Mike

Post by Wind Charger Mike »

You might try the mid America windmill museum in Kendallville, IN.