Odd Wind Electrics

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about vintage wind generators, in most cases.
Wind Charger Mike

Odd Wind Electrics

Post by Wind Charger Mike »

Thought I'd start a topic on odd or lesser known wind electric machines. This down-wind Aerodyne from about 1931, pumped water and made electricity. Outside of generator, armature turned, inside was stationary.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JBarker

Re: Odd Wind Electrics

Post by JBarker »

Mike, Great pics and thanks for education us about wind machines. This is all new to me.
Jerry Barker
Wills Point, Texas
214-893-2864
www.Farmhousewindmills.com
farmhousewindmills@hotmail.com
windybob

Post by windybob »

Same here. I knew about such things, but never knew much. Very interesting!
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
Wind Charger Mike

Post by Wind Charger Mike »

I think we all share the passion for the hunt and some sense of stewardship to preserve the history. Here's an early one with ties to the windmill industry. These were made I believe between 1917-1924. 14' wheel, 1kW generator and a 40:1 gearbox.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

There is a connection. As the Perkins wind Mill and Engine Company became the Perkins Corporation early 1920 according to the Windmiller's Bible. Also it shows in the photo to have been established in 1860 Palmer Perkins patented his Perkins Mill in 1869 again according to the big book. Those are great shots. Keep history coming.
moredleg

Post by moredleg »

I like bring back to life vintage machines. I am presently rebuilding a Winpower 32v 1800 watt gen. I have three of them. Pretty cool machines!
Windcatcher530 Dan

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

Mike I can remember seeing a picture of one of those Perkins generator mills on top of a building in Buffalo back in the days. I'll try to think where.