32v Jacobs

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about vintage wind generators, in most cases.
Wayne

Re: 32v Jacobs

Post by Wayne »

Great pictures. Mike how are things going with the stuff you got from the guy in Canton. Was it complete or are you still searching for parts? He looks like he is along ways up in the air!
Wind Charger Mike

Post by Wind Charger Mike »

Hey Wayne, I really appreciate the tip you gave me, I was able to pick up some great parts. The Canton guy, Rick, had much more than what you saw in Canton. Over a period of 4-5 months, Rick dug through a coon infested barn in Iowa finding quite a few treasures. He found a mostly complete Nelson, missing the front half of the generator cover, extra sets of props and an extra governor and tail. Also several sets of NOS Wind King props. Your question is also appropriate for this Jacobs post because Jacobs bought Nelson in the early 40's and renamed it Allied. I'm including a pic of Rick's truck and trailer as he arrived in Canton. He is the real American Picker. Thanks again.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

When we went in December he wasn't there. Didn't go Jan or Feb but we will be there in March. I'm glad it all worked out. He seems like a nice guy to deal with.