32v Jacobs

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about vintage wind generators, in most cases.
windmillerman

32v Jacobs

Post by windmillerman »

here are some pictures
jacobsphoto.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PaulV
Site Admin

Re: 32v Jacobs

Post by PaulV »

I'd love to find one of these in salvageable condition. Is this an ongoing project?
PaulV
windmillerman

Post by windmillerman »

for the right price I have 40' tower, 32v Jacobs, all original and in working condition
jacobs

Post by jacobs »

I have three 150 volt big com 3000 watt Jakes and one 2800 watt 40 volt Jake. Maybe someday I'll get at least one of them back up and flying.
Wind Charger Mike

Post by Wind Charger Mike »

Here is a Jacobs Twin I displayed last Oct at the Texas Early Day Engine & Tractor Show. The other wind chargers are a 1938 United Motor Service (Delco) 1000W and a 6V Wincharger Streamliner...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
windybob

Post by windybob »

Mike, wherever do you get the great replacement parts for those things? They all can't be complete when you get them.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
Wind Charger Mike

Hey Bob, they're just like windmills, you either find the parts or make them. David Ballinger's rule of thumb was "you need 3 machines to make one complete one." I find that pretty accurate unless you get a machine that's already been restored or you get real lucky. The Twin has parts from 4 different states....its all about the hunt! I probably have a dozen machines waiting for me to find the missing parts.
windybob

Post by windybob »

Cool! Great work, and nice machines.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
steve p

Post by steve p »

Very cool machines! I know where a Jake is. Not sure of the model/size. The guy has the control panel for it too.
Wind Charger Mike

Love to see pics Steve. The 80+ year old Jake generator design is probably the most reliable machine ever built. I know lots of folks still flying them. The guy in pic has been flying his model 45 since 1980..on his 3rd set of brushes.