Wheel?

Have a part you can't identify? Did your parts get mixed up in the shop? Curious if that chunk of metal is a part you should keep? Not sure what kind of windmill or tower you have? Post photos of the mystery object here for the community to help identify.
windybob

Re: Wheel?

Post by windybob »

Greg, shuffling thru the pile I found a similar sail and clip of unknown origin (to me).
Don't know what I did with my Dandy sections. Dang, I sure hope nobody lifted them. I will look again. Pictures to come...
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
Windcatcher530 Dan

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

I don't i only have parts but I'm 99 percent sure your wheel section is early dandy. when i got my dandy the main frame was busted in half only two sails were left and just the tailbone no vane.My two lmproved 1895 models are different than the original. The frame is different, the hub, the tailbone and vane etc.i believe the wheels were identical except for the cast sail ties.Check the internet there might be a pic on there good luck
Windcatcher530 Dan

I've been looking online if you go to mill identification C-D there's some pics of original dandy.theres also a picture of the tailvane and right under it is a pic of a sail with your cast sail tie
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Dan,
Thanks! That looks like it.
Gregg
Windcatcher530 Dan

Glad to help
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

So, does anybody have original Dandy available?
Gregg
windybob

Post by windybob »

Seems they were plentiful in Texas. Guys that used to be on here had plenty if I remember. Wonder what happened to all them folks.

I found 2 from my area. I felt really lucky to have those. Challenge was not popular around here.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
Windcatcher530 Dan

As far as the original dandy it's going to be hard finding one for sale that's complete.Parts are even very rare to find.Im lucky to have the parts I have