today's lesson

Experiences distilled from a project that should be actively taken into account in future projects.
mtblah

today's lesson

Post by mtblah »

today i started installing the fan sections to the arms.
Those of you that are like me, the 1st windmill experience , pay close attention to the masters of the craft !
follow the written directions and read them several times till you understand !
i read in an earlier chat asking if the fan should be assembled on the ground or up in the air after the tower is up ?
I took almost every tool in my box to get the sections onto the arms, dont bother to try it in the air.
Maybe the master craftsmen who have done this stuff for years can assemble in the air but not this novice !
It doesnt take long to find out who the really smart guys are so pay attention and dont be afraid to ask ?
Thank you windybob.
Mike Blahnik
New Braunfels TX
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
windybob

Re: today's lesson

Post by windybob »

You are welcome.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
Bryon

Post by Bryon »

Believe it or not. It is easier to assemble the wheel with the mill face down on the ground near where you are going to put the mill up.
rockingjl

Post by rockingjl »

Bryon I have watched Ron S and Travis assemble the wheels and mills on more than 1 occasion outside my shop door when they were in town to do installs and service and each time I remember thinking that they make it look so easy. Of course having the Hoist rig helps make it look easy also.