Wind generators for sale--1800 Jacobs

Sell your mills or parts. All ads require location and prices!
WisJim

Wind generators for sale--1800 Jacobs

Post by WisJim »

IMG_20190712_155259991.jpg
I'm selling some wind generators because we are downsizing and moving to town. All are 32 volt.

Jacobs 45 (1800 watt) with flyball governor and blades, complete $2000. (sitting in my garage)
Lots more pictures available.
I'm in Menomonie, WI, about an hour or more east of St Paul, MN.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hwy8

Re: Wind generators for sale--1800 Jacobs

Post by hwy8 »

I'm looking for all of the Jacobs tower hardware. You have anything for sale. I'm 40 miles west of you...
WisJim

Post by WisJim »

I might have an extra mounting hardware for a 4 leg tower. I'll let you know if I find it. If I remember right it came off of a tower that was pulled over and some damage to the casting resulted.
WisJim

Post by WisJim »

I do have mounting pieces to put a short case Jacobs on a 4 leg tower. The lower tower casting has a corner broken off. The top tower castning hand the weatherproof ring had been damaged and were welded or brazed. Two to the 3 collector rings have a crack, which shouldn't effect use if you use the later style collector brushes that have a total of 6 brushes that ride on the 3 rings. The collector brush assembly is missing, or at least I haven't found it yet. I'll put this in a separate "For sale" listing.
doubledipsoon

Post by doubledipsoon »

Greetings. I'm definitely in the market for a Jake like yours. I can't come out there like I used to in the 80's, so are you prepared to pack it and ship it to 95004, West Coast? If so, is Paypal OK? Or a postal money order? All I need to know now is the fine details of your unit- Do you know the bearing history? Are the blades ready for another 5 years of 25+ mph winds all day? I guess what I'm really asking is how far from "restored" is it? Throw it all at me. ....One last question: do you have any other blade-actuated, non-flywheel type, Jacobs wind generators in your "fleet". Looking forward to your info, Joe
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Boy that message speaks scam loud and clear.
doubledipsoon

Post by doubledipsoon »

Yeah, Wayne- it did sound like spam, loud and clear. When I released the blades at tower's top, the blades began to whistle- a kind of annoying sound. I remember the first Jake I heard at the Synergia Ranch outside Santa Fe in '86- smooth silent, and soothing. The real spam is believing that most of these high rpm wind generators are great, as long as you don't mind hearing them keep you up all night. So, yes, the span is loud and clear- give me a Jake anytime!
doubledipsoon

Post by doubledipsoon »

Are any of your Jakes still available? Joe
doubledipsoon

Post by doubledipsoon »

Hey, Wisjim, where are you? I'm interested in your item.....
PaulV
Site Admin

Post by PaulV »

WisJim hasn't been on since March. You might send him a private message. He'll get an email notification when you send it.
PaulV