For Sale in California

Sell your mills or parts. All ads require location and prices!
tom b

For Sale in California

Post by tom b »

Well it has come to the point that I must downsize my herd. I will be moving soon and as much as I love the windmill collection hobby, I must let go to a new owner all my non standing cast iron and galvanized metal. Living in Southern California (92592) is not a plus in this endeavor as most people that would be interested live in the Midwest and shipping or coming out to evaluate would be a major cost, Consequently, I would prefer to sell to someone who can make use of the whole stash of parts, motors, towers and tails and not break their bank buying. I reserved about 1/3 of my pasture for my bone yard and have pictures available if I can figure out how to resize the images to VGA resolution of sending. My selling price to be determined will be fair to both me and the new buyer as this stuff must go to a good home. Offhand, I know I have Baker,Fairbanks Morse, Heller Aller, Fairbury, Aermotor, Dempster, Wonder, and F&W pieces as well as hand pumps and in ground cylinders. I have contacted a few dealers on this forum who appreciated my inquiry, but are interested in specific brands only. I understand their position and appreciate their feedback.
Please PM me with any questions or specifics and I will try to answer them all.
Thanks, Tom
I was able to attach a few pics of some of my pieces
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MAS

Re: For Sale in California

Post by MAS »

Hey Tom. Where are you moving to?
Mike
windybob

Post by windybob »

Tom, we will welcome you in Oklahoma, where the wind always blows, especially when election season gets closer. Also, remember that we are now "Tokelahoma" so we have something in common with the left coast. Anyway, move here, bring your salable items, and we will discuss pricing when you arrive. ( Oh, masks are still optional in public, not mandated.)
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
tom b

Post by tom b »

Windy, you always crack me up with your sense of humor! A gift I lost many moons ago. Here is the deal, you teach me your latest bluegrass licks on the guitar and I will consider Tokelahoma as an option. Mike, actually looking into the Western states due to family ties. Toss up between Arizona and Nevada right now. Got a brother in Beaverton, Oregon, beautiful but too rainy and rivals California politics. The "Golden State" has lost all its luster to me in the last 10 years. Good example is paying the highest State taxes and gas/diesel prices in the country. But that is a topic for another forum.
Always PC, Tom
windybob

Post by windybob »

Tom, your heart is in the right place. I was born in Salem Or. We used to say ..."the people of Oregon welcome you to Idaho" to un-entice people away from that beautiful state.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
WOpp

Post by WOpp »

Would you have anything for a 12' 702 aeromotor??
tom b

Post by tom b »

Yes,
Sail sections, tail vanes, upper furl ring with arms,cast iron mast pipe base for four post tower, and main shaft (new but may be for the D602 will have to check. Most of my other 12 foot Aermotor inventory is for the 402 open gear 12 footer. Unfortunately, at this time however, I am not parting out the individual pieces, that may change if I cannot sell all my windmill stuff as one lot.
Thanks for the question.
\Tom
Fire_fighter2171

Post by Fire_fighter2171 »

Howdy
Fellow Californian unfortunately... You wouldn't happen to have a 8' FW Star 24 hub and wheel would you? Also looking for a 10' 602 main case
tom b

Post by tom b »

Hi Fire_fighter,
I do have a B602 case possibly complete, I will have to check. Send me pic of the Star 24 hub and I will check to see if I have that as well.
Tom
Fire_fighter2171

Post by Fire_fighter2171 »

Hey Tom

Here’s a few pics of the hub. Thanks Cody
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.