Aermotor stroke length

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about windmills, in most cases.
Adobejoe

Aermotor stroke length

Post by Adobejoe »

I am restoring a 702 with 8 ft blade. It appears one can go long or short stroke changing pivots on large gear set and also two options on gear arms? I assume less water pumped per stroke on short length, but operates on lower winds?

Also, I need the pipe fitting where the 3/8” rod goes through a T with a packing for smooth fit against rod. Pumping up a 50 ft lift.

I am familiar with Bergey 10 KW and have a collection of two Jacobs, a bunch of win chargers, and a Hebco.

Located in NW Wyoming.

Andy
Wayne

Re: Aermotor stroke length

Post by Wayne »

Howdy! Can't help with the stroke length just saying hi. Was in Cody back in Sep. Visited The Buffalo Bill Center and then drove across Wyoming to Casper Loved the drive.
IvanBlock

Post by IvanBlock »

Here are a couple of pages from an older Muller Industries catalog that should help answer your questions...
101_0224.JPG
101_0225.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

Ivan , thank you for the info , very helpful , very informative !

Mike B
New Braunfels TX
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

More info on stuffing box at
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

Thanks Kevin .
Adobejoe

Post by Adobejoe »

Seems like shorter stroke length pumps more head but 75% capacity. Might be better for my case as well is not deep, maybe ten feet in a drain way, and I don’t want to deplete. I can always change stroke length on tower. I am also trying to understand the pump rod, from the gearbox to the plunger pump. I have a 2 1/2 inch plunger case although the pipe threads are 1 1/2 inch. When the windmill pivots to face the wind, that rod will twist top to bottom unless there is a swivel fitting? Is that the case or does the pump plunger (leather) twist?

The pump rod is enclosed in the outlet pipe vertically. I assume there is a T where the water goes out horizontal. A packing must surround pump rod. Is this T fitting available? Where?

Thanks for the assistance.

Andy
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

The pump rod coming out of the head should have a swivel at the bottom where if connects to the rod going down to the well.
windybob

Post by windybob »

I agree. With that shallow of a well, you could use a 3 inch cylinder, and long mill stroke. An 8 ft Aermotor Should handle a 3 inch cylinder on 3 for sure, maybe 4 joints of wellpipe. You MUST have a swivel on the bottom of the pump rod.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number. IF YOU TALK TO HIM, AND HE HELPS YOU, THEN BUY FROM HIM. IT CREATES GOOD KARMA.