Ahhh, finally functional & nearly finished.

Share and discuss your windmill related projects.
WindmillimdniW

Ahhh, finally functional & nearly finished.

Post by WindmillimdniW »

Well (no pun intended…) 20 years in the making here.

Drilled 105’ deep, hit water at 32’, set the pump 10 years ago. Been generating water manually for the last decade..

Since then been rebuilding an Aermotor 8’ 702 x 33’ tower, long stroke.

Erected tower, installed mill, connected pump rod on New Year’s Eve day 2021. 6 hours to complete.

A light and cordial breeze gave it about a dozen or so rotations and a subsequent dream stream of cold, clear H2O started flowing it’s way towards the thirsty pond.

Pulled the brake at that point since a winter storm headed in on 1/1/2022.

Now we patiently await the warm weather of spring to release the brake and welcome back its aesthetically pleasing and historical function.

In the interim, onward and upward - A 8’ 602 x 27’ is also ready to go up this spring, and I’m comparing pond aeration pumping configurations now. I’m all ears on that front?

Also picked up a couple 6 V Windchargers to start playing around with as well. Don’t know much about them. Planning to jump that forum topic/discussion over to where more appropriate as I dig into those.

As y’all know these projects are certainly not quick and easy endeavors, but they are immeasurably fulfilling when one is able to stand back and admire.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CTXmiller

Re: Ahhh, finally functional & nearly finished.

Post by CTXmiller »

Welcome to the forum. Your set up looks very nice.
Windcatcher530 Dan

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

Welcome to the forum Steven. Nice setup i like the R.R. crossings setup. My brother Chris who passed away a little over a year ago collected railroad items from lanterns to a really old hand switch from the 1800s.when i finish my barn slash museum I'm going to display them in honor of him along with my open gears.keep windmilling one is never enough.
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

Looks good !
You are right , the journey has immeasurable satisfaction when they are up and flying .
But , are they ever "done " ?
Mike B
New Braunfels TX
hedgerow

Post by hedgerow »

Steven Welcome to the forum. There's nothing like listening to a windmill run on a summer day in a light breeze.
63markB

Post by 63markB »

Very nice. The setting looks great.
WindmillimdniW

Post by WindmillimdniW »

Doing my part to help get the 602 going. Now Planning to use this 8’/27’ unit to pump air thru a weighted hose and diffuser. I’m interested in opinions on the best component setup - pump configuration c/w air volumes and pressures based on wind velocity, weighted hose diameter, type of diffuser(s). Thanks in advance for your replies.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.