Hello from the Squeaky Mill!

For New Members. Tell us about yourself.
Windcatcher530 Dan

Re: Hello from the Squeaky Mill!

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

Darian from what I can see from the picture i would not get on that platform. If your unsure of yourself up there see if you can find someone with a bucket truck if it's not too expensive. I'm sure a trip to the hospital is more expensive.
squeakymill

Post by squeakymill »

Thanks All for the suggestions and cautions. I will heed the experts here and trust that it would be a wasted endeavor to try and generate useful power.

I will look into rebuilding the platform up there or if the chain around the tower works maybe remove the platform and just use a chain as needed.

When I go back up I will see what I can reach from the chain step. I think I might have to go up and remove some platform before I can get all the way up.

Assuming I can restore this windmill to it's original function, if there is not a well drilled beneath this, it will only ever be a decorative fixture correct? They would need to move the windmill to get underneath it properly to drill a well here and if I am getting a well drilled it will be near the barn for the cows haha.

Thanks again everyone, now that I have make and model for the windmill I can start reading up on how they work, what they do, how to maintain them etc. I will keep an eye on this thread and once I get up there again I will take some closer pictures of the top and bottom.
windybob

Post by windybob »

Don't forget your safety belt!!
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.