Me and Mama

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about things in general, in most cases.
Wayne

Me and Mama

Post by Wayne »

I know this isn't a complete windmill but I felt a need to post my painting that Mary Lou Pape from Topeka KS did for me. I bought a painting from her back in 2019 of a young Indian Girl. Her face is so real looking it's almost like she will talk to you if you stand looking at her long enough. I posted a picture of my Mama pumping water under the windmill that was on the farm in OK where I was born on the site awhile back. I asked Mary if she could paint me a picture of Mama under the windmill she said yes. As the idea progressed I found a picture of me on the back porch of the old house and asked could she put me in the picture? So here you have the finished project. Takes me back to a really better time. I call it "Me and Mama at the windmill" :D
image000000(119).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Windcatcher530 Dan

Re: Me and Mama

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

That's really nice Wayne, touches the ole heart.
PaulV
Site Admin

Post by PaulV »

Wow Wayne, that turned out great!
PaulV
Kansas Rust Buzzard

Post by Kansas Rust Buzzard »

Very nice indeed!
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

Good memories !
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

I got it hung on my wall. As we go through live we have some good and not so good ideas. I've got to say the idea to ask Mary to do the painting, I think probably my best idea. I really enjoy setting in my chair and looking at it.
Smax

Post by Smax »

That is great
63markB

Post by 63markB »

That’s a great painting Mr Wayne. It puts a smile on my face and brings back memories for me too.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Thanks! I still think they are posing for a picture and are going to walk off after it;s taken.