Anchor post

Share and discuss your windmill related projects.
63markB

Re: Anchor post

Post by 63markB »

That would be further for me Wayne. But I actually send these through a place I buy a lot of steel from in Emory, so I don’t even go there anyway. I just carry them to Emory and pick them back up in a couple weeks. I had them do a well cover for me about five years ago for an old hand dug well and it turned out real nice and still looks the same. I will send a pic of it later
63markB

Post by 63markB »

Here is the well cover. It is about 40” in diameter.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
waterPumper

Post by waterPumper »

what are the nuts welded on the base plates for? Leveling?
waterPumper

Post by waterPumper »

whoops. I didn't read the whole tread, which explains the nuts.
CTXmiller

Post by CTXmiller »

Wayne wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:57 am There is also a galvanizing plant in Waskom. Might be closer to you Mark. I wish I had know of the one in Crowley before I drove to Waskom.
Wayne - they built a galvanizer place in Waco within the last year or two. I haven’t used, but that is an option for you.
arizonian

Post by arizonian »

I had AZZ shoot me a general estimate this morning for my tower. They have a minimum charge of $350. Is that the same where you are at?
Weldor by choice, engineer by necessity.

I believe in Gun Control.

Gun Control: The ability to hit what you are aiming at.
CTXmiller

Post by CTXmiller »

Arizonian,
I know you’re asking the original poster that question, but that seems accurate to what ZinkPower (Waco, TX) charges as their minimum when I called them and inquired in 2021.
63markB

Post by 63markB »

These cost me $300 for the 12 anchors. But I sent them through another company that gets lots of stuff done there so I would guess that mine was just part of a larger group of parts
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Thanks for the info about Waco. I'm only 47 miles from Waco plus wouldn't have to drive up I-35. I have found in a lot of cases any price is cheap no matter what it is if you can get the job done.