Fairbanks Morse Model 45- rebuild

Share and discuss your windmill related projects.
FlJet

Re: Fairbanks Morse Model 45- rebuild

Post by FlJet »

Pretty sky.jpg
In the fog.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
windybob

Post by windybob »

Thanks. Mine's still in pieces on the floor. You win anyway. ;)

Started going to rehab the other day. Maybe I will be able to breathe like the good old days soon. Have a lot of mill work to do!
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

I had a real Lady Drill sergeant when I did my rehab. She would get on your case if you tried to do more than she said you could. Have a Lady friend here in Corsicana was fitted with a pacemaker yesterday. Trying to get by damage done when she had covid.
windybob

Post by windybob »

Wishing her well.
glentaybow

Post by glentaybow »

Hi folks
So I'm looking for a pull out swivel for the mill being discussed here. Looks like FlJet provided a photo of one in the picture that shows his boot tips. I may end up making something, but as it stands now, my furling cable is becoming wrapped around the pump rod as the mill pivots over several days or weeks. Some type of swivel device is warranted in this case to keep the cable unspoiled.
FlJet

Post by FlJet »

I'll try and get some additional photos for you. Do some searching on this forum though. I've seen several threads on on pull out swivels. If you've got to build something to work, and you aren't super concerned about it being a accurate part, so much as a useful part, I'm sure you can make something work. Anyone with more experience want to chime in and make a suggestion? What's the simplest and strongest pull out swivel design?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
windybob

Post by windybob »

I don't remember what mine looks like. I will get by the shop and take a look. I have a 6 footer, but maybe can get some measurements. Mine is all apart on the floor.

I have improved several mills' pullout systems by reworking the Dempster type pullout tube and swivel. If my original stuff is missing, maybe other items can work.
FlJet

Post by FlJet »

Alright, I actually remembered to grab some pictures when I got home. Too many to upload but you can access them here for a couple of weeks: https://www.dropbox.com/t/QgNZJb0Sztlvfu0q

See the attached diagram for how the parts interact with each other, the plunger rod, and the tower.