Tower id

Have a part you can't identify? Did your parts get mixed up in the shop? Curious if that chunk of metal is a part you should keep? Not sure what kind of windmill or tower you have? Post photos of the mystery object here for the community to help identify.
Wayne

Tower id

Post by Wayne »

IMG_1939.JPG
IMG_1940.JPG
A gentleman in Arizona is asking for and ID on this tower. Top casting number 3732 bottom 3731. Is it a Stover?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Windcatcher530 Dan

Re: Tower id

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

I don't think it's Stover. X braces look challenge is my guess.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

The tower is in Arizona and he's looking to sell or he will scrap it. Looks to me like it had a big mill on it.
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

I would definitely save the top cap & storm stay , both of these pieces are cast and hard to recreate even if there is not a positive identification yet .
The tower can be replaced with similar materials but the cast iron is more costly .
Just my opinion .
Mike B
New Braunfels TX
waterPumper

Post by waterPumper »

Where in Arizona is it located?
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

He lives in Kingman. His name is Ed Noli. I could get his contact info or if you want to send me yours I can give it to him. The post is on the Smokstak site.
waterPumper

Post by waterPumper »

Thanks Wayne, but that's too far of a drive for me. I appreciate your offer, but i'm going to pass.
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

Aw , John , its only all the way across your state at the Calif . boarder . Just a days drive . each way :)
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

A new look at the top section of the tower. With the arms for the platform being so far down the tower makes me think even more so that it had a big mill on it at some time. He said the bottom pieces of angle iron are laying there. It is 3X3 angle.
Tower ID.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Windcatcher530 Dan

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

I still say that's a challenge tower especially now i see the ladder. Tower cap is similar to dandy but the storm stay isn't stable enough. By the size of angle I'm guessing 14ftr.