New member from down under

For New Members. Tell us about yourself.
Bluey60

New member from down under

Post by Bluey60 »

Hello All
Just joined I am from just down the road from the birthplace of Southern Cross windmills Toowoomba in Queensland Australia over the years have spent a couple of periods of time doing windmill maintenance and erecting and bore and pump repairs the first time a couple of years learning working for an old bore sinking windmill maintenance family the second stint in later life to supplement farm income
Because of the area being close to the home of SC mills most of the mills I worked on SC but others included IBC,Meters which are now sold as Yellowtail,Comet,and even an Aermotor that found it’s way down under
Bore/well depths varied anywhere from twenty feet to four hundred feet
Have retired from mill work but not farming I used to say climbing mills was keeping me fit but then it started to hurt too much Lol
Have on the property four mills all in use so I can say I haven’t given up coming
The four mills are a six foot Z pattern an eight foot Z pattern a six foot IZ and an eight foot IZ all Southern Cross I am on the lookout for a twenty five foot R pattern on a forty foot three post tower for a garden ornament

Bluey
CTXmiller

Re: New member from down under

Post by CTXmiller »

Welcome to the forum.
Windcatcher530 Dan

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

Welcome to the forum bluey
PaulV
Site Admin

Post by PaulV »

Hi Bluey! Glad that you're here. There are some really interesting mills in Australia. I have an IZ-B up and flying. It's a well built mill.

Look forward to getting to know you. Share pics of your mills when you have time.
PaulV