The terrible drought

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about things in general, in most cases.
Windcatcher530 Dan

The terrible drought

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

I keep seeing on the news and reading about how the farmers in the southern and western states are suffering to make ends meet because of a long long drought i don't know if there are any on this forum but if so i hope this will be a better year with lots of rain. Amen
Wayne

Re: The terrible drought

Post by Wayne »

So far here in my part of Texas things haven't been to bad. They are cutting wheat and the fields look good. It's along way to harvest time for corn so if the rains don't keep coming it may suffer. Farther West I think is a lot different.
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

Wayne , just about the same in the south central part of Texas , but past few days had about a half inch, last week helped a neighbor harvest oats .
windybob

Post by windybob »

Being as we are close to the epicenter of the dust bowl, we are always a day away from a drought, no matter how much rain we get. However, since i have been here (1981) we have always had enough rain to prevent a disaster. There has been drought years, but nothing like the 30's. Of course, many land improvements and farming practices have been much wiser, so a large dust bowl now is more preventable. This are averages around 30 of rain per year, and mostly we achieve that. We are good so far this year. Temps have already hit 100, and the humidiity has averaged a million percent, with a splash and dash of tornadoes, and large hail. Someday, maybe I can see this area in my rearview mirror.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

Windy , Texas is the answer !
waterPumper

Post by waterPumper »

The water level in Lake Mead, one of the largest reservoirs in Arizona, has fallen by over 150 feet in recent years. It is now so low that recently bodies have been discovered. One body was found in a 55 gallon barrel and the occupant died from a gun shot in the late 70’s or early 80’s. The lake is only 20 minutes from Las Vegas so it’s presumed the body was a mob hit. Old Vegas mobsters may be praying for rain too.
windybob

Post by windybob »

I saw that on tv. Guess there is a whole other world at the bottom of that lake. Wonder how low it gets before electricity stops?
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.