Cool Pictures For Beatty Guys

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about windmills, in most cases.
Joshschneids

Re: Cool Pictures For Beatty Guys

Post by Joshschneids »

Kansas Rust Buzzard wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:16 pm Really great pics, thanks for posting. Are they common up there? I really liked the Massey one, at one time we were covered up with Massey Supper 27 Combines here in Kansas.
The Beatty Mills are very common in Ontario especially because the plant was located in central Ontario. The Massey one's however i am pretty sure that everyone is in aw that know's the Beatty Mill's and has never seen them before. I dug this up in some Archives i found on the internet :D
Josh From Ontario
Joshschneids

Post by Joshschneids »

wind fab wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:25 am hey guys

all i can say is wow

Paul :geek:
Paul, have you ever seen any of these photograph's before or knew about the Massey Rebrand?
Josh From Ontario
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Those are cool pictures for anyone that likes windmills! If you put Massey Harris on one side you could start a conversation with any big Massey collectors up your way. Most may not know about there connection to windmills.
wind fab

Post by wind fab »

josh

i have a massey harris windmill, made by the same people that made cushman golf carts

Paul ur neighbour to the south :D
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

That's neat! Are they the same as the Cushman scooter's and Gas Engines?
wind fab

Post by wind fab »

wayne

could be, think plant was in Omaha Nebr

Paul
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Lincoln Nebr. In my Gas Engine book it says after the 30's they moved into the motor scooter and light utility field.
Kansas Rust Buzzard

Post by Kansas Rust Buzzard »

wind fab wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:19 am josh

i have a massey harris windmill, made by the same people that made cushman golf carts

Sort of, its a complicated mess, Easy Mfg, who bought out Yale and Hopewell made the old mills and then a metal one called Easy, then Cushman engine company bought them out and continued the Easy mill for a while. I have never seen an Easy around my parts but a few years ago a guy from New York State of all places emailed me pictures of a "Cushman" windmill that was really the Easy windmill with Cushman logo. He had to get it gone right then, I knew nobody who could put it on a pallet and he was an older guy and didn't either so I passed. Unfortunately, I didn't have the pics backed up when my computer crashed a week later so I lost them. I can only assume there are other both Cushman and cushman made Easy windmills out there since it was only in the 20s and 30s? If someone has a pic of any Cushman lableled mills, I would love to have them for my collection.
JBarker

Post by JBarker »

Kansas Rust Buzzard wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:04 am
wind fab wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:19 am josh

Sort of, its a complicated mess, Easy Mfg, who bought out Yale and Hopewell made the old mills and then a metal one called Easy, then Cushman engine company bought them out and continued the Easy mill for a while. I have never seen an Easy around my parts but a few years ago a guy from New York State of all places emailed me pictures of a "Cushman" windmill that was really the Easy windmill with Cushman logo. He had to get it gone right then, I knew nobody who could put it on a pallet and he was an older guy and didn't either so I passed. Unfortunately, I didn't have the pics backed up when my computer crashed a week later so I lost them. I can only assume there are other both Cushman and cushman made Easy windmills out there since it was only in the 20s and 30s? If someone has a pic of any Cushman lableled mills, I would love to have them for my collection.

8' Easy Steel. Made by Cushman Co. Very few of the original Easy Mills are in existence. See more old mills at link below:

http://www.bishopcomputers.com/spearman/windmills.html
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jerry Wade Barker
Wills Point, Texas
214-893-2864
www.farmhousewindmills.com
farmhousewindmills@hotmail.com
Kansas Rust Buzzard

Post by Kansas Rust Buzzard »

Yea, the one I had the chance at was just like that only branded Cushman. I have never even heard of another? I remember the one from Lubbock. Thanks