Newbie looking for specs

Share and discuss your windmill related projects.
Windcatcher530 Dan

Re: Newbie looking for specs

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

Burt that is awesome and very kind of you to help Greg out. Don't hesitate if you need any information on this journey of restoration. Dan
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

Thanks Burt !
Windcatcher530 Dan

I studied the sail section and they are later aermoter, later 602 and after I believe.
hwy8

Post by hwy8 »

IMG_4801.jpeg
I ended up helping this group move a little further along on their project. (They are going to reconstruct a windmill and water-tower on a barn and use it for an arts center) As part of their fundraising program, they wanted a mill small enough to use in local parades etc. so I fixed them up with an X702. They wanted it to look old so we left the rust and dents and this time I "jazzed up" the tail lettering by outlining the red letters with black while being a bit crude about it. (I found out it is harder to do an intentionally "homemade-looking" job than doing a precise one) Now, it's got kind of circus poster look in order to gain a little more attention. We put it on one of my stands so it could be wheeled onto a trailer and then rolled off for a static display too. They tried it out at their winter festival and with some adjustments, it will work even better.

Burt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

Thanks Burt , for sharing your knowledge & skills expanding the windmill connection , nice job .
Windcatcher530 Dan

Nice job Burt looks good. And thank you for helping them out.