David Bradley mill

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about windmills, in most cases.
mattshup

David Bradley mill

Post by mattshup »

In my hunt for Aermotor parts around my area I stumbled across this David Bradley windmill in somewhat decent shape yet it appears. My neighbor doesn’t really care about it and would be willing to let it go.

How easy are finding parts yet? Are they worth it? I know David Bradley was a tractor company and got bought by Sears but not much more than that.
00DD1BFC-1614-41A8-89CF-CD9723327633.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Windcatcher530 Dan

Re: David Bradley mill

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

I believe your david Bradley and the Baker monitor W series are the same mill. Is it going to pump water or just be a spinner? Stover also made windmills for Sears and Roebucks named Champion. Although your tailvane looks Stover.
Windcatcher530 Dan

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

Now I think about it monitor W series did make a tailvane that looks like yours so I'm going with my first choice Monitor W series.
windybob

Post by windybob »

It's a Monitor. it's a 6 1/2 footer. Very common, no problem getting parts. Several companies made mills for major distributors. I think they all hated it, because they could not make much from them, but was good for popularity.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
63markB

Post by 63markB »

Would love to find something like that. Something that would be different yet easily to fine parts for.