Exciting Times at the Rogers house

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about things in general, in most cases.
Wayne

Exciting Times at the Rogers house

Post by Wayne »

I hope you will let me tell you about the most exciting week in my life. It started yesterday when I met the young lady who is the first recipient of The Prof R E Rogers scholarship at Navarro College in Corsicana Tx. My Grand Pa Robert Edmond Rogers was a teacher here in Navarro County 1912-1917. I found my aunts birth certificate and they listed her dad as being Prof R E Rogers. So I decided to fund a scholarship in his name at the college. The winner has to work 8 hours a week per semester at the Pearce Museum. Then this morning I get the news that a Historical Marker application I had prepared with the help of 6 ladies was approved. I had worked on it for 3 years. Needless to say I'm way up on cloud nine. Her is a picture of two excited individuals. :D
image000000(153).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Windcatcher530 Dan

Re: Exciting Times at the Rogers house

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

Well that's great news Wayne enjoy your ride up on that cloud!!
Jim Corcoran

Post by Jim Corcoran »

Wayne,
Congratulations to the young lady for earning the scholarship and to you for the successful job of getting the historical marker. Your efforts at preserving history are very much appreciated. Keep it going!

Best regards,
Jim
" You need to get at least 30 miles out of Austin before you're firmly back in Texas."
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

Wayne , she is pretterier than the guy standing next to her .......... :mrgreen:
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

Yes it is rewarding for the time extended into preserving the past in our own communities , and having the history of ancestory documented
windybob

Post by windybob »

I always thought you never know when angels are around. The result here proves it. VERY proud of you Wayne.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
CTXmiller

Post by CTXmiller »

Congratulations
63markB

Post by 63markB »

Wayne, that’s great. Very rewarding for sure!
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Thank you fellows. Yes it is very rewarding and I know ever time I see her at the Pearce I'll feel that burst of joy again. Another thing I hope comes from this. Is you look at me and think if that old man who is nothing special, just a common man and if he can do that so can I. You can get 100% return on your money if you invest in the education of a young person.
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

AMEN ! I concour .