More Beatty Stuff for the beatty guys. Wellington county archives.

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about windmills, in most cases.
Joshschneids

More Beatty Stuff for the beatty guys. Wellington county archives.

Post by Joshschneids »

Hey guys! let me know if i am over-doing it with all these pictures... anyways i am down visiting my grandpa where i grew up and we are about a half hour away from the Beatty factory. I went to the museum archives and did a search for an hour and a bit maybe and found some real cool stuff. They have almost every document Beatty ever produced. Anyways all my pictures i took were too high of quality to upload onto the website here so i tried to tone down a few and picked some cool advertisements i have never seen before. If you pay attention to the price list you can see how many different options Beatty offered for buying the mill. They made them so you could retrofit their mill to a toronto or Goold SM wheel which i was aware of but i didn't realize they made it so you could retro the vane also. I seen they offered one 5 spoke hub for a pumper to adapt it to a GSM wheel.I have heard there is only one of those in existence known with a 5 spoke cast hub? Anyways hopefully the quality is good enough to read the price lists. I have over 80 pictures windmill related including original designs and some with workers working on the mills. I will try and find a website to possibly upload them to higher quality and share them. here is a few.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Josh From Ontario
Joshschneids

Re: More Beatty Stuff for the beatty guys. Wellington county archives.

Post by Joshschneids »

few more. Cool the GSM mill in the Beatty Catalogue
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Josh From Ontario
Joshschneids

Post by Joshschneids »

2 more
Josh From Ontario
Kansas Rust Buzzard

Post by Kansas Rust Buzzard »

Great pictures! You are lucky this information made it to a museum so we could all enjoy it. Thanks for posting!
Joshschneids

Post by Joshschneids »

Kansas Rust Buzzard wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:24 pm Great pictures! You are lucky this information made it to a museum so we could all enjoy it. Thanks for posting!
Thanks! Yeah i had to look through archive numbers for about an hour to find the keyword windmill then the lovely girls that work there go back and grab the books and bring them to you. I had never been to an archive before and loved it. So much cool stuff. I tried to find manufacturing pictures but couldn’t find anything.
Josh From Ontario
wind fab

Post by wind fab »

josh

glad to see a new windmiller with so much enthuisiam , we need that, there is more than 1 beatty 5 spoke around, i have seen several myself but havent got my hands on one yet, if your in kitchener /waterloo you might visit the mennonite farms, lots of beatttys around there, are you going to see harvey?

Paul
Joshschneids

Post by Joshschneids »

wind fab wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:13 am josh

glad to see a new windmiller with so much enthuisiam , we need that, there is more than 1 beatty 5 spoke around, i have seen several myself but havent got my hands on one yet, if your in kitchener /waterloo you might visit the mennonite farms, lots of beatttys around there, are you going to see harvey?

Paul

Thanks Paul, something i never really planned on being a windmiller but after working on my beatty i want some more mills now. So cool looking at all the different designs and makes and finding them is part of the fun. So the 5 spoke were actually a cast hub like the regular beatty’s with 6 but just one less spoke? Yes i was up to Harvey’s a few times. I plan on going up when it is actually warm out to spend some time and maybe do some learning while up there. My grandpa actually worked with harvey’s brother for a number of years.
Josh From Ontario
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Don't be shy about posting old windmill pictures. I never tire of looking at them. Don't be a horder be a collector which means you share with others your collection!
JBarker

Post by JBarker »

Great job on the research makes it easier for all of us in the future. Keep them coming.

Jerry
Jerry Wade Barker
Wills Point, Texas
214-893-2864
www.farmhousewindmills.com
farmhousewindmills@hotmail.com