Road Trip 2

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about things in general, in most cases.
Wayne

Road Trip 2

Post by Wayne »

A couple of pictures of a 3 HP Hercules Engine driving a unique pump jack. On the way up last Monday I set in a parking lot on East bound I 40 just East of Forest City an for an hour and 20 minutes before they made us do a U turn. Saw 3 Big dog wreckers going East and a 18 wheeler hauling a big Track Hoe East on the West Bound side. They shut down both sides of I 40. Still trying to find out what happened. I went North on Hwy 1 to Wynne and across 64 to Marion where I picked up I 55. All the 18 wheeler's were going South. I knew I didn't want to go with them. So if anybody knows what went on I'd like to know.
image000001(80).jpg
image000000(162).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mtblah

Re: Road Trip 2

Post by mtblah »

Thanks for the cool pic's !
The lamp is even burning for the hot bulb . WOW
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

No what that fire is from a lamp they used at engine sites around the oil fields. Highly collectable, plus copies are made. It has a flame on both sides. They light them every afternoon and they are everywhere after dark. They have a special area for all oil field engines at the show. They do have several engines that run with the hot tube. I find me a bench set on it and listen to the sounds. It well put you to sleep.
rockingjl

Post by rockingjl »

Wayne were they running the Herc on Propane? I noticed the line and valve. It looks like the line is plumbed into the mixer. I really want to make another trip to Portland. The oil field engine area at night with all the Yellow Dogs lit up is a real treat to go thru
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

There , I learned something new today ! this old dog can learn new tricks . HA
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Yes they are running the engine on Propane. Most of the oil field engines they run on Propane. Propane runs cleaner. Every time I go to Portland I see something new. There is a group of brothers from South Texas that bring Krueger-Atlas engines built in San Antonio to the show. Three big ones. Have been forever. They were there the first time I went back in the 90's. I think they brought two trailer loads back then. The brothers I think are passed and other family members have kept up the tradition.
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

In the early 90's the Atlas engine's were at the Temple Tractor & Engine Show , they are beautiful . My little Economy engne was dwarfed by there size Mike B.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Yeah they are massive. I was standing watching up close while there and one of them backfired. I almost wet my paints.
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

L O L !