I want to paint the WC 8

......when you need to get in the weeds.
BreakingWindGuy

I want to paint the WC 8

Post by BreakingWindGuy »

Hello all,
I'm getting to the point where I want to paint the gearbox on my Baker WC8. I want to paint it a red color. 30 years ago I painted another mill with "Pittsburg Brilliance" Red, in a rattle can. It held up great all these years! They no longer make it in a rattle can. Is there a good paint out there that will hold up to the elements without going through the process of painting it, then in about two years or so, it turns pink? Any recommendations on brand? I really don't want to go through the mess painting it with compressed air. A couple/ three coats from a can will do for me. Thanks....Leon in Mn.
Windcatcher530 Dan

Re: I want to paint the WC 8

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

I always use Rust-Oleum paint very durable. They make tractor and implement colors also.
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

Leon , just remember there is very little pigment in arasol can , MORE coats is better for longivity .
Kansas Rust Buzzard

Post by Kansas Rust Buzzard »

I got a 74 Chevy painted Dupont Lime Green in about 1995, it was high dollar paint but I just used a Krylon rattle can of white to paint the bumpers. Well, the expensive paint is about worn through and the Krylon bumpers still look good.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

HE-HE
BreakingWindGuy

Post by BreakingWindGuy »

Hhmmm.....might just go with a couple cans of the the Rust-Oleum, give it a few coats till the paint is gone. Thanks for the info!