Insurance quotes for damaged windmills.

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about things in general, in most cases.
Ken O'Brock

Insurance quotes for damaged windmills.

Post by Ken O'Brock »

Over the course of 54 years in the windmill business, I have been asked to give written quotes for replacement of damaged windmills. I have gladly done it. About 95% of these people will get the money from the insurance company and never replace the windmill. The money just goes into their pocket. That was their plan all along, although they told me they used the windmill before it was damaged and was going to replace it. My time is valuable and a quote on my letterhead always gets them a higher settlement. From now on, I am going to charge a fee for my services that will be returned as a credit if they buy the windmill. I think this is fair. Any comments from fellow windmillers?
windybob

Re: Insurance quotes for damaged windmills.

Post by windybob »

That might work. Here in this state, it's illegal to charge for quotes. After a big hail storm, or tornado, a person (at one time) could make a living from charging for quotes and never returning. However, I would still check for any laws in the area or state.

Being in the glass business for 30 years, I understand the situation.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
Windcatcher530 Dan

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

Ken i used to have a landscape business what I would do is charge them for the estimate and tell them when you have me come back and do the job I'll refund the estimate.That way your covered.
mtblah

Post by mtblah »

Same in TX , your know;edge , experience & wisdom is worth a great deal . Charge for what you know , not what you do , as per Thomas Edison .