Pump rod guides

Generally speaking, this area is for general discussion about windmills, in most cases.
Mike Hage

Pump rod guides

Post by Mike Hage »

20220921_183830.jpg
These things are stupid! When it goes up it follows the radius of itself pulling the rod to one side. This is on my F&W 12. My Butler double gear has the same thing. Might be ok on a 45 ft tower but mine is only 20. Id like to keep it all original, maybe ill elongate the holes some so it doesnt pull. Its been fun trying to get everything lined up straight so it doesnt bind. The pump rod stuck a bit on me the first go and it rattled one of the oil cup covers off at the head ha!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Windcatcher530 Dan

Re: Pump rod guides

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

Mike bring your mill to the top of the up stroke, make sure the sucker rod is centered over the pump.bring the sway arms up where they meet the sucker rod center them and put your hole there. Try that it works for me.
windybob

Post by windybob »

I was going to suggest to put the stroke in the middle, then put the guide perpendicular, splitting the stroke half up, and half down.. But on a 20 ft tower, why have them at all?
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.
Windcatcher530 Dan

Post by Windcatcher530 Dan »

You're right Bob i forgot this was on a 20ft tower. Mine are 40ft. my way wouldn't work.
Mike Hage

Post by Mike Hage »

Might just use it to hang a flower pot lol. This has been a good learning experience for when i put up a tall one
windybob

Post by windybob »

There are multiple ways to have a pumprod guide. That is only one.
Call Dan Benjamin for parts. P M me for the phone number.